Our client is a highly successful privately-owned direct mail and print company. Due to a key member of the business retiring they need an experienced marketing & sales manager to continue with the business growth.
- Aid and assist in the smooth functioning and running of the company.
- Develop the marketing strategy for each year in collaboration with the Managing Director.
- Develop the brand and brand guidelines to portray the growth and capabilities of the company.
- Develop the web site to meet the developed brand guidelines and value proposition.
- Increase brand awareness and generate demand products.
- Provide marketing, branding and visual supports for product development.
- Create and implement tactical marketing communications to generate a manageable flow of sales leads.
- Maximise the sales opportunities through to quotation and order placement stage.
- Manage the prospects and customers activities using the CRM system.
- Measure and report on marketing campaign results and return on investment against achieved sales.
- Increase company awareness via Direct Mail, Social Media, E-shots, Advertising, Events and PR etc.
- Content management of the website including writing copy, blogs, articles and case studies.
- Preparation and publication of up to date, relevant and engaging company literature.
- Gather market intelligence to reveal new opportunities, competitor activity and PESTL influences.
- Analyse customer feedback, market conditions and competitors to evolve future company positioning.
- Report ROI and performance metrics for all marketing activity for the monthly management meetings.
- Keeping databases up to date and creating new ones for new market opportunities.
Continually develop lead generation through networking and relationship building by attending, exhibitions/events/conferences, asking for referrals and other appropriate environments.
The ideal candidate will have:
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar position with similar responsibilities.
- Experience in traditional and social media marketing
- The ability to manage a small team
- The ability to work effectively with the management team and employees.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
- The ability to develop positive relationships with colleagues, suppliers, and clients.
- A positive, flexible and proactive approach.
Knowledge of the print and direct mail sector would be desirable but is not essential.