Salary: £20,000 – £30,000
Specialists in packaging production with a client base representing global market leading brands, a fantastic opportunity is now available for a Gluing Operator in the Stevenage area.
With core values that have remained constant since inception, this company never rest on their laurels and therefore strive to ensure that they are leading the way in carton packaging.
They are a large manufacturer of carton packaging for the food and retail industry in the UK and are constantly reinvesting in state of the art production technology to meet the ever increasing demands of current and new products.
As a Gluing Operator, the successful applicant will be operating a range of gluing machines. Managing and monitoring your own workload to exceed hourly targets you will also be passionate about delivering exemplary customer service.
Previous experience working with a Gluing Machine is essential.
Experience working in a carton manufacturing environment is desirable but not essential .
Working Hours: Shifts to be confirmed
Set up job according to job ticket instruction and approved structure.
- Review job tickets for specifications, set-up time, run speed, labels, folding orientation etc.
- Run equipment at the required speeds while maintaining quality, waste and safety standards.
- Follow all standard operating procedures relevant to job, position and department.
- Monitor production schedules checking for current job and next scheduled job.
- Use hand tools as needed to form cartons correctly.
- Perform computer input operations as needed to form cartons correctly.
- Troubleshoot and solve operating problems.
- Verify feeder, packer and pad-lockers have the proper materials.
- Complete all production reports and/or log books.
- Prepare for future runs to enable quick and efficient set-up.
- Perform routine and preventive maintenance including lubrication and repairs to equipment except for electrical problems.
- Maintain general knowledge and understanding of gluing processes and equipment.
- Observe all safety rules and procedures.
- Perform other job duties as assigned.
- Experienced in working with 'Bobst', 'Heiber and Schroder' or other Folder Gluers
- Straight line and crash lock experience
- Able to work unsupervised to specified customer details
- Proficient in problem solving and monitoring own quality measures
- Ability to multitask to ensure smooth running of different products
- Completing general housekeeping of machinery, manage work station and all required paperwork
If you are interested in this role please apply with your CV attached and Andrew will contact you if you meet the criteria.