Our client enables organisations to compose, format, personalise and distribute content via managed workflows to support physical and electronic customer communications.
They help customers optimise multi-channel communication with their stakeholders through digital transformation.
About the Role
Due to market growth they now require an experienced head of devops to join the UK side of the business. This role will join our growing IT / Software team to get involved in the development, deployment, and support of our expanding SaaS offerings to a broad range of clients.
You will be involved throughout the software and support lifecycles, with a diverse range of tasks and opportunities to flex your skills.
The primary role will be focussed on the global management of a DevOps team with at least 50% of that time spent actively working on issue resolution. This is not a purely management role and the successful applicant will be required to practically apply current technical knowledge to live incidents.
The company is looking for someone to lead by example and provide technical leadership and mentorship to other DevOps staff and must have a proven track record of solving problems. This role will involve the provision of ongoing daily 2nd line support for production systems including out-of-hours work.
In additional, the successful applicant will be required to support the Head of Operations and be expected to provide client facing cover as and when needed.
Technical Skills & Experience
- Strong background in systems administration and support (Windows and Linux)
- Understanding of automation/configuration management concepts
- Confidence in using and managing virtualised and cloud services (experience with AWS is essential)
- Strong experience with SQL (MSSQL, PostgreSQL, MySQL)
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in a highly-available environment
- Strong understanding of secure development and deployment practices
Core, Non-technical, skills
- Excellent verbal and written English
- An ability to review and to be reviewed
- Ability to demonstrate effective delegation
- Technical design, leadership and foresight
- Ability to plan to devops design and architecture
- A desire to keep up to date with industry trends and technology developments
- Ability to provide assistance in planning and managing development projects
- The drive to provide up to date insight into current devops processes and procedures with to harmonising and improving current working practices.
- Previous experience in a fast-paced working environment.
- Be proactive, enthusiastic and reliable.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Highly organised
- Ability to work under pressure
- Strong customer focus
The role is home based, however there will be a requirement for occasional travel to client and supplier premises for which the applicant must have a valid UK driving licence and a car. Due to the nature of home working, it is essential that the applicant has a good internet connection.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply direct.