Salary: £35,000 -£45,000 (Depending on experience)
Travel to the office when required - More when running a large Bid
Our client is a leading provider of Business Process Outsourcing and Innovative Document Management Services in both the physical and digital worlds.
The Bid Manager will work within the Business Development Team, supporting the Business Development and Accounts teams by managing tender processes and other related activities in a national capacity.
The role requires an excellent communicator capable of liaising with client prospects, partner organisations and colleagues to deliver precise, compelling, and successful proposals for new and current business opportunities across the Banking/Financial services, Commercial and Public Sectors.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assisting the Business Development and Account’s teams with the structure for and timely completion of detailed Bid documents which will involve organising a Bid team to produce and review each Bid
- Management and enforcement of Sales Qualification process. Ensuring all qualification criteria and thresholds are met, confirming executive sign off to Bid and maintaining audit trail throughout
- Taking responsibility for and scheduling the appropriate tender response related internal activities, including kick off and review meetings and required sign-offs
- Producing project plans for all tenders and large proposals to ensure all interested parties (internal and external partners) are aware of their responsibilities and the timescales
- Liaising with partner Bid Managers and Sales teams in the event we are acting as a sub-contractor
- Ensure that completed documents are produced and delivered on time, by tracking progress, identifying and resolving outstanding actions/ issues
- Ensuring proposal procedures and best practice are adhered to and that the Opportunity Management Process is adhered to
- Proof reading, correcting and formatting documents
- Reporting on overall Bid progress and liaising with Sales and Operations to keep an up-to-date record of the stages of each tender and proposal submitted
- Supporting the management of Government Procurement Frameworks, including leading application process for new Frameworks, and day to day management of current Frameworks the business is on
- Be prepared to work out of hours from time to time in order to meet client deadlines or other business related priorities
Experience and Skills Required:
- Strong experience in producing and managing successful Bids and sales pursuits
- Strong organisational skills and time management with experience of working to tight deadlines
- Experience of writing proposals and structured approaches to bid management using recognised methods
- People management skills at all levels including engagement with Senior Management
- Good team worker, reliable and able to establish a high degree of trust, rapport and cooperation with internal and external clients
- An attention to detail; maintaining and enhancing our high standards of delivery, quality and accuracy
- Excellent English language and communication skills; confident and articulate in all communications, i.e. face-to-face, telephone and written
- Self-motivated and self-disciplined; ability to cope with varying workloads and out-of-hours demands
- Applicants must be highly computer literate and experienced with standard MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Visio). Experience of desktop publishing applications and Microsoft Project is an advantage
- Strong analytical skills & ability to proactively challenge Bid Strategies and add Bid Sight
- Comparable experience within a sales environment
If this sounds like a role for you then please get in touch so we can discuss this further!